Weird Fan Noise?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Toko, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Toko

Toko

I've been a Acer Aspire one user since release and have been very pleased with the little netbook, that is till now.

The problem is that the fan is making a noise similar to a grinding noise, which usually means the fan is either rubbing up against the case or has lost a bearing or something similar.

The noise isn't to horrible, and it really isn't effecting temperatures, but I would really like to get it fixed to avoid future issues with cooling.

I emailed/called acer but they didn't tell me anything useful, and NewEgg told me to contact Acer, so it's more or less a dead end there, :(.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Toko, Aug 31, 2008
  2. Toko

Ldroamer

I don't know how you got on with your problem but my fan basically died after less than a week. It started making horrible noises after it was turned off for a couple of hours. It would go away after a period of time. I returned it and the computer tech at the store said it was definitely defective (he also has an AAO). The replacement is quieter than my first one ever was so I guess the fan was bad from the get go.

Ldroamer, Sep 13, 2008
  3. Toko

David CT

You can go to ACER repair center to swap a good fan for this issue.
    They will provide you a good solution for this issue.

David CT, Sep 18, 2008
Ask a Question