Webcam will not connect to Msn Messenger

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sauceoclock, Jan 6, 2010.

1. sauceoclock

sauceoclock

Hello All,

I have an acer aspire 5542 with windows 7, it runs like a dream and the webcam works perfectly in the acer webcam programme and on skype, it connects to the audio and video settings on messenger live but will not connect when i am in a msn messenger conversation, I think it may be a driver issue.. But i could be wrong will anybody just give me a quick hand to sort it?

sauceoclock, Jan 6, 2010
  2. sauceoclock

snyper81

I posted this in hardware problems.

New A0751h-1505 - Webcam issues in Messenger
    by snyper81 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi,

I bought this specifically for my Wife to use for webcam chatting with family back home but it acts up when using Windows Live Messenger.

If I have just our video window on it works fine but as soon as we connect to another webcam it stutters, freezes, the sound is choppy, ect...

I have tested it connecting to two of my other computers in the house and still have the same issues.

I keep getting an error message pop up that say's "Acer video conference Manager. Can't launch Acer Video Quality Enhancement. The other party doesn't have VCM or the network enviroment is not suitable"

I have updated all drivers and programs to the most current from Acer website.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

snyper81, Jan 9, 2010
Ask a Question