Webcam use In Web application (Linpus)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by dbla921, Aug 27, 2008.

1. dbla921

dbla921

Just unboxed my aao 110 last night.. love the little thing..

..I noticed one thing in regard to the webcam though.. I can't seem to use it in any web applications.. like facebook video recording, for example... firefox doesn't recognize it?!?!

I intend on upgrading to xp after I win my bid on ebay for a used ipod, so i can upgrade the HD.. but I'm wondering if there's a fix for this in the mean time?!

Total Linux/Linpus noob ..

dbla921, Aug 27, 2008
  2. dbla921

ron.eddy

I have the same problem. I have a totally virgin install of Linpus on my Aspire One, with the exception that I installed Firefox 3. I did not try to use my camera with Firefox 2... Anyway, I thought I would add to this by showing screenshots of what happens and hopefully someone will have an idea!

When i click the post video button on facebook it comes up with the flash settings, where I ensured that the "Allow facebook.com to access your camera" is checked yes and then go to the camera configuration tab and I get this:

[​IMG]

There is ONLY the choice of USB 2.0 Camera and in the microphone tab i noticed the sound works. I press close and this comes up:

[​IMG]

When I click "Look for cameras again" it puts up a processing indicator and a few seconds later it returns to the "Look for cameras again" notice.

Ugg, I love this laptop but it would be great if this would work.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

ron.eddy, Sep 4, 2008
  3. dbla921

Deoki

I tried Flash 10 release candidate and the webcam worked, but it kept crashing my firefox, so I removed.

I think the Flash 10 RC2 and final will fix this.

I dont know if the MediaWrap extension that comes pre-installed on Firefox 2 makes the webcam not to work.

I'm also waiting for a solution...

Deoki, Sep 4, 2008
  4. dbla921

ron.eddy

Great to hear. I will patiently await the next release candidate, thanks a lot!

ron.eddy, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question