Webcam Not Detected In Windows XP After Uninstalling Linux

Discussion in 'Windows' started by geoffrey2008, Feb 4, 2009.

1. geoffrey2008

geoffrey2008

So my gfs Acer Aspire One is a 8GB SSD model originally with Linpus Linux and now with Windows XP TinyXP Beast Edition installed. All the XP drivers installed correctly apart from both CCD drivers.

[​IMG]

I ran CCD_SUYIN_V.1.0.1.3 and it seemed to install OK, it installed the driver and rebooted the system but its not detected.

The webcam is not detected in Device Manager and Skype or other apps don't detect it.

I run CCD_LiteOn and get the error message "The Acer Crystal Eye webcam was not found please plug in Acer Crystal Eye webcam and then run installation again!"

I've attempted using the Buffalo drivers and nothing either.

Whenever I run CCD_SUYIN_V.1.0.1.3 it comes up with a dialog to modify, repair or uninstall. Skype will not detect the webcam.

The camera worked fine in Linpus Linux.

Any suggestions? Searched google high and low. Drivers were downloaded off Acer.com

geoffrey2008, Feb 4, 2009
  2. geoffrey2008

seatzie

I've not seen the TinyBeast version, I just installed XP Pro on my HDD AAO, but I followed advice I was given on here to leave the webcam with the Microsoft drivers that automatically installed. Perhaps if you go to Devices in System under Control Panel, uninstallthe webcam if its listed then ask it to look for new hardware and see if it finds it and installs the M$oft driver for it?

seatzie, Feb 6, 2009
  3. geoffrey2008

DiSK

If the Suyin driver installed correctly, then it should work...Does it say anything about a webcam in the device manager?

What Buffalo drivers did you try? o.o

DiSK, Feb 8, 2009
  4. geoffrey2008

geoffrey2008

What would webcam be under in Device Manager?

Went through everything and its not there.

geoffrey2008, Feb 8, 2009
  5. geoffrey2008

DiSK

Should be under Imaging Devices. Anything show up about a webcam? Like USB Video Device, or something?

DiSK, Feb 8, 2009
  6. geoffrey2008

jono400

Sorry to hi-jack this thread a little but in a similar sitaution here myself, have done what you say and I see from the device manager the acer webcam is installed and sad to be working correctly, just wonder how you actually turn it on like you could when the pc had linux as opposed to xp ??

jono400, Feb 8, 2009
  7. geoffrey2008

geoffrey2008

Its not detected anywhere in device manager.

No imaging devices mentioned. Went down through and nothing resembling a webcam is mentioned.

I click the Add New Hardware Wizard and it says nothing new is attached either.

geoffrey2008, Feb 10, 2009
  8. geoffrey2008

fry

I'm having the same problem :( My 2 daughters each have one that I recently installed XP on and both webcams worked at first but now one of them has stopped working and doesn't detect in device manager anymore. I uninstalled it and re-installed it to no avail. I have found USB problems before like this on XP where the USB device just disappears an isn't detected again and the only resolution is to re-install windows. :?

fry, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question