Webcam in MeBeam w/ FF3 and Flash 10

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lambo, Oct 19, 2008.

1. lambo

lambo

Running a largely unmolested AA1. I have installed FF3 (running only Adblock) and Flash Player 10.

I can't get sites such as http://www.mebeam.com to work or others that try to access the webcam. When they load, no video is played and clicking settings pulls up the Flash Player settings but then freezes.

I've tried the site using FF2, FF2 w/ Flash 10, FF3 w/ Flash 9, and FF3 w/ Flash 10 and no plugins, basically every combo I can think of and it doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

lambo, Oct 19, 2008
  2. lambo

lambo

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior?

Anyone care to give the site a try, no downloads, no registration, just make up a room name and then see if your webcam appears.

Thanks!

lambo, Oct 20, 2008
  3. lambo

soleblaze

From the release notes of flash 10, it states that it's the first version that will work with webcams in linux. Any cam that uses V4Lv2 should theoretically work with flash 10, provided the drivers are supported. The camera itself should be supported, but I'm unsure if the linpus distro is supplied with the correct ones. If I have time tonight I'll update my xubuntu installation with flash 10 and try it out.

soleblaze, Oct 21, 2008
  4. lambo

lambo

Thanks soleblaze! Let me know if you give it a shot.

When I click settings in MeBeam, it pulls up the Adobe Flash 10 settings and it recognizes the webcam but it freezes. So not sure what the issue is exactly, but hopefully it isn't my particular machine.

I'd be interested if anyone else with Linpus still could test mebeam.com as well.

Thanks!

lambo, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question