WebCam Face Identification

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Artyom, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Artyom

Artyom

Hello everyone.

Recently I saw a new model of notebook - Lenovo which has a new function - WebCam Face Identification. With this software users face is compared to owners face and if it mathches the owners face the user will be automatically logged in. I would like to ask if somebody knows such type of software for Acer Aspire One (Windows XP).

Thanks in advance.

Artyom, Dec 25, 2008
  2. Artyom

lohtse

Yep tried it. Webcam not very good for this application. also you need to be in a good light area for it to work so tends to be somewhat fussy other than that it's good. But I got fed up of it and removed it from both my compaq laptop and my acer netbook.

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 25, 2008
  3. Artyom

penandpaper

i remember downloading a freeware version of a face recognition security software. in theory it sounded like a great program. but when i tested it the software was not very practical. the program needed to capture your face at the right lighting and angle for it to "approve" the use. i dont remember what program it was but i just googled freeware + face recognition + security.

penandpaper, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question