Web Cam

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by KrisD, Sep 30, 2008.

1. KrisD

KrisD

Hi there!

I am on my second AAO within one week. On my last model A150 I tested the web cam and it was very smooth with movement which I was surprised at after reading some reviews. The web cam on my current AAO is awful as any slight movement at all results in very slow blurry images. Had I not seen my previous model working perfectly then I would not have thought of this as being an issue.

What does everyone think of their web cam??? Is there anything that could be interfering with web cam performance?

KrisD, Sep 30, 2008
  2. KrisD

melhiore

melhiore, Sep 30, 2008
  3. KrisD

KrisD

Thanks for the reply.

This seems to be relevant to models running XP. I have the A150w running linpus lite wtih 512 ram. Both models were identical but the camera performance seems to be very different - strange!

Cheers!

KrisD, Sep 30, 2008
  4. KrisD

Sendkeys

How much light did you have when you tested both webcams? I'm not able to get 20fps with a nice cam and a desktop with 3 100watts bulbs. I have to wait until day time or bring in a few lights to get into the 25fps range. I'm not saying one webcam was better the the other but if you tested one at night and other in the day . The daylight webcam is going to work 100% better.

Sendkeys, Oct 3, 2008
  5. KrisD

shadow

+1.
    Just tested it with 3 daylight lamps. Performance is much better.

shadow, Oct 3, 2008
Ask a Question