Web cam problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by desmonddee, Oct 24, 2008.

1. desmonddee

desmonddee

Hello,

I have just purchased an Aspire One with the Linpus Lite distro. I am trying to use the inbuilt web cam on Internet chat rooms. However although I can see the other person, they can't see me and the window is just black. Does anyone know if I need to configure the camera somehow? I'm new to Linux so any help or advice on this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you.

desmonddee, Oct 24, 2008
  2. desmonddee

AA1User2

i have the xp home version and i am having the same problem as you in windows messenger. it allows me to place a video call but while i can see the other person all they see is a black screen. i do not even see an icon to turn on the acer camera. does the camera need to be activated somehow and if so, where? what folder or place do i go to? thanks.

AA1User2, Oct 24, 2008
  3. desmonddee

melhiore

melhiore, Oct 24, 2008
  4. desmonddee

desmonddee

Thanks for the reply. I did have a look at that link but I don't think that is relavant to my situation as it appears to offer a solution for XP. To get the inbuilt webcam working on chat websites, do I have to download an additional flash player or even a driver for the inbuilt webcam?

desmonddee, Nov 6, 2008
Ask a Question