Warranty Support for Acer Aspire ONE worldwide

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Achilles Koukas, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Achilles Koukas

Achilles Koukas

Just a small note about my very-very bad experience with my new Acer Aspire ONE, I am in need for technical support for problems with my webcam for that I contact "Acer America" twice via their web site and both times I got the responce you see below, if that does not makes me feel unsupported and (@#%) I do not know what else.

I hope corporate Acer will have a solution soon, if not they will have a lot of unhappy customers;

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 5:57 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Webcam not working [Incident: 090213-000826]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update your question from our support site, click the following link or paste it into your web browser.
    http://acer.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/acer.c ... 1234554810

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Webcam not working

Discussion Thread
    Response (Dean) - 02/16/2009 05:57 PM
    Dear Achillefs Koukas,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Acer is a regional company; as such, each region is responsible for providing parts, service, and support for products sold in their region.

Respectfully,
    Acer America
    Online Technical Support

Customer (Achillefs Koukas) - 02/14/2009 09:04 AM
    Dear Acer
    I am very Disappointed with your reply, as I mentioned at my first question I am not at the county where I bought the unit (Acer Aspire ONE-150-)and it will take me a couple months before I go back, I bought this unit because it is conveniently small for travel and as soon I arrived at my destination (Chicago Illinois USA) I discovered that one of it's feutures (the webcam) is not working.

I tryied to contact your affiliated services here with no success, every time I go to the link you provided me it and look for the US it pop a message that the link is not working site, when I finally get the US site it is asking me to insert the serial # of my unit in order to get into their support section but as soon I do so it comes back with a non valid serial number?

I do not feel pleased with what I am going thrugh,
    I use the unit as a demo tool for my field specially for Racing (Deckman & Expedition) and Navigation programs (Nobeltech & Navtech).
    And was ready to recommend it to many of the yacht owners I work with for use to their yachts, now what?

All that I asked was not for a recommendation to search more for a service department but if you had read my question I believe that you should be able to ansuer at list part of it.

For the above I am asking you again to please have someone with knowledge to read and provide me with an ansuer that reflects a technical prespective and not a go away reply.

As I mentioned before I did dowloaded all available drivers from your website and with the exeption of few the rest of them are code named making it difficault for me to ID witch one is for the webcam, I need to try and load the appropriate and see if that can solve the problem and determine if I need to replace the webcam via warranty or if not possible I will buy it, FYI servicing all Marine electronics is main part of my business.

Hellas Marine tba Chicago Marine Electronics & Yacht Services

http://www.HellasMarine.com

Thank you
    Achillefs Koukas

Response (Dean) - 02/13/2009 05:50 PM
    Dear Achillefs Koukas,

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I’ll be happy to assist you.

Acer is a regional company; as such, each region is responsible for providing parts, service, and support for products sold in their region. Please locate your regional representative by going to our website at:

http://global.acer.com/support/index.htm

Select your country from the Select Your Location dropdown box on this page.

Respectfully,
    Acer America
    Online Technical Support

Customer (Achillefs Koukas) - 02/13/2009 01:53 PM
    My webcam worked for 10 seconds twice after the first activation of the unit, after that it is no were to be found, it is not shown at "My computer" nor at the Hardware device manager, the only think I see is Unknown Device, I did downloaded all the drivers from your support site but I do not know witch one is for the webcam, additionaly I believe that I have a defective webcam, do you know any solution or how can i fix that problem, I bought the unit in Greece and I am at the USA for the next couple months, I did tryed to get in touch with a support center here at Chicago but I had no success, can you please help me?
    My Customer code from my Unit registration in Greece is STDREG.6115717

Thank you, Achillefs Koukas

Question Reference #090213-000826
    Product Level 1: Notebook
    Product Level 2: Aspire
    Product Level 3: Aspire One
    Date Created: 02/13/2009 01:53 PM
    Last Updated: 02/16/2009 05:57 PM
    Date Purchased: 01/16/2009
    Operating System: Windows XP

Serial Number
    LUS050B14684700E482547

[---001:003996:63627---]

Achilles

Achilles Koukas, Feb 20, 2009
  2. Achilles Koukas

deeross

I hope yu get a positive response. I just purchased the little netbook & my webcam is not listed under any device either. it would be helpful if someone here actually knows how the webcam is installed and what the device name would be and is it a usb or what. I keep seeing the name Suyin but what is that...the mfg of the camera? I don't find Suyin anywhere on my netbook.

as far as support, I made a toll free call about getting a restore disk and she told me I didn't need it, just back it up; well i don't have anything right now since i'm traveling, but I can't say as I received a lot of help. i was told to go to the site for the manual, read the manual she stated. the manual sucks that comes with the netbook, but there is a better one online.

i too think customer support could be much better for acer and since we have an acer for my husband, this doesn't give me a warm fuzzy if something goes awry w/that laptop.

If you get some help on your webcam, please let me know. Mine was lost, then I got it back but I have no idea how it came back, but I'm missing the clicking sound it used to make. I just want to know what device & what kind of hookup the cam inside has.

dee

deeross, Feb 20, 2009
Ask a Question