Warcraft 3 TFT

Discussion in 'Windows' started by iatetoomuch, Aug 27, 2008.

1. iatetoomuch

iatetoomuch

I was reading about the games that are playable on the AA1 I just want some clarification.

I read on post that the AA1 will have a hard time playing TFT and I read another post claiming it

ran find. I just wanted to know from someone who installed TFT how it REALLY runs, can you still

play DOTA? :lol: Also CS 1.6 Thanks in advance

P.S. I was wondering about the performance of these games specifically for the HDD. I'm still curious

how the SSD is as well!

iatetoomuch, Aug 27, 2008
  2. iatetoomuch

Ranjit

ive tried playing Day of Defeat is which also a HL1 mod like CS 1.6 it ran terrible at around 18fps

Ranjit, Aug 28, 2008
  3. iatetoomuch

H@buster

I've been playing a WC3 custom map (gems TD) with the AA1 A150.... it runs great, that's all I can say :)

Everything should work;) The menu laggs a bit but that doesn't matter :D

to HL1: I tried to run it in OpenGL mode, but that was not much fun... barely playable as stated above... haven't tried software mode yet though

H@buster, Aug 30, 2008
  4. iatetoomuch

Biostem

I installed WC3 the other day, and it runs quite well at max settings. It's too bad the max resolution it supports is 800x600, though.

I am tempted to try WH40K Dawn of War, (waiting on my SDHC cards to arrive before I do that, though).

Biostem, Sep 11, 2008
  5. iatetoomuch

Ranjit

check the compatibility post at the top of the forum, my main post thier gives a link to a site which has guides to hacking games for wide screen resolutions warcraft 3 is on that site, it'll help you get the AAO Resolution and the proper aspect ratio.(I haven't tried it though so I'm not sure how well the AAO runs Warcraft 3 at the 1024x600 resolution)

Ranjit, Sep 11, 2008
  6. iatetoomuch

woofer00

so far it runs on vista decently. dota drop the frames down at times so do some high-unit tds. Need to run off most of the high quality options though, otherwise it'll go below 10 fps alot.

woofer00, Sep 13, 2008
  7. iatetoomuch

capyoda

you can regedit and change the resolution to 1024 x 600. search on google for warcraft 3 resolution change and you should find more info. basically it stretch/scales the res to whatever res width/height you specified. it's not perfect, but it does look a bit better than running it at 800x600 and having the screen stretched (if its stretched anyway)

war3 runs fine (may want to turn down some setting for specific custom games), but kind of hard to micro on a small screen. or maybe my mouse sucks.

think of the 1.6 atom as a pentium M 1.2, and any games that'll run on that spec along w/ a GMA 950 should run perfectly fine on the aspire one.

capyoda, Sep 13, 2008
Ask a Question