Want to use Acer Empowering Technology on AA1

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by AayAayOne, Sep 6, 2009.

1. AayAayOne

AayAayOne

I became a fan of Acer computers when I bought my first TM 6592G. It came with a 200 GB hard drive. I was able to successfully swap the original hard drive with a 320 GB 7200 rpm drive and use the original PQService to recreate an exact replica of the factory-provided hard drive. From that day onwards I use Acer Empowering Technology and it's back up system frequently. Having saved the back-up system's files I was later able to utilize the original PQService to start utilizing a new 500 GB hard drive while the backups from the 320 GB hard drive, once used, helped restore the new 500 GB hard drive to the very latest sofware that had been installed on the 320 GB drive. In short I never had to reinstall any of the softwares and the entire process of upgrading to the next level hard drive took 20 minutes. I know this could've been achieved by using Acronis but using Acer's software provided me the original functionality of Alt+F10 and all other acer features out of the box.

Now that I have bought an acer AOD250, I am not happy with the restore software that Acer provided. All the software does is to provide restore to the default acer services but doesn't provide an option of saving the hard drive's contents and new softwares etc as a backup. I don't want to utlize Acronis or other programs and was hence wondering if it was possible to use Acer Empowering Technology software from another model to create backups in real time and then those could be reproduced in the times of need.

Any one with a similar experience or thoughts please shed some light. It will be greatly appreciated.

AayAayOne, Sep 6, 2009
Ask a Question