Want to remove Cortana from windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Sep 12, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Sep 12, 2016
  2. something back

rz3300

Well thank you so much. I have never understood why they went with that name, but that is a whole other story for another day. I do not have Windows 10 yet but I am planning on updating my other laptop here pretty soon, so I will definitely throw this into the bookmarks. I do not like or need this feature, and find it quite annoying actually.

rz3300, Sep 13, 2016
  3. something back

AntonioCalcano

Cortana is very invasive and it's a resource hog if you're computer or internet connection is very slow, it's better to have it disabled unless of course you're using it, but if you're not like most people are then turn it off and save some bandwidth.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 28, 2016
  4. something back

Aree Wongwanlee

Does Cortana really interfere with the working of the computer? I didn't notice that. I mean I looked in the ongoing processes in the task manager and I don't see Cortana taking up any resources. I do think that I have Cortana in my computer because I can see it sitting there in the task bar.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 28, 2016
  5. something back

Karen Gordon

Yes, if I ever have a win 10 computer I will have to disable Cortana because the use of resources is something that I can't stand. As long as I am living here, I need to make sure that I have services that use the least amount of data possible. It is just one of the options that I can use. It is very important to make sue I do.

Karen Gordon, Sep 28, 2016
Ask a Question