Want to purchase a 6 cell extended battery in the US

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by dmarotti, Nov 14, 2008.

1. dmarotti

dmarotti

I just purchased a new Acer Aspire One w/160 gig. HHD and love it. However I quickly released that I should have purchased the one with the extended 6 cell battery. There is no way I can return it or swap it out because I have using it for a few weeks now. So I decided to call ACER -US to order an extended battery, and they told me that they do not yet sell them. This is not what I wanted to hear.

So, does anyone know where I can get an extended 6 cell battery (made by Acer - not a knock-off) in the US? I've seen them on E-Bay, but none of them appear to be OEM products. If anyone know's please let me know.

BTW, I have seen these OEM batteries on European Amazon sites, but none of them ship to the US. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

David

dmarotti, Nov 14, 2008
  2. dmarotti

TTgowings

I've seen some listed at Buy.com, Half.com and CDW (CDW is out of Canada but but they do ship to the US), many listed on eBay as well but who knows if you'll actually get a branded Acer one or some other mfg.

I've been wanting to get one as well just kinda waiting for them to be in stock and for the prices to drop a bit.

TTgowings, Nov 14, 2008
  3. dmarotti

dmarotti

Thanks for the advise! I will check them out.

dmarotti, Nov 14, 2008
  4. dmarotti

solman

5. dmarotti

Oberkanone

CDW is a out of Vernon Hills, IL. Corporate HQ and distribution is located there. There is a CDW Canada as well and various locations in US.

Oberkanone, Nov 14, 2008
  6. dmarotti

TTgowings

Yup you're right, CDW is US based I had it mixed it up with NCIX

TTgowings, Nov 15, 2008
  7. dmarotti

Forone

I'm in the same 3 cell boat in Canada. Found this distributor, and see they ship to US. You should get a very advantageous U$ exchange rate after paying the C$ price after recent drops, but have to compare shipping with American distributors. (I haven't bought one yet.)

http://www.battdepot.ca/model/acer/aspi ... 210bk.aspx

Forone, Nov 15, 2008
  8. dmarotti

mandream

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries or with global-laptop-batteries.com? Seems like good price for the 9-cell, as long as the battery is decent.

thoughts?

mandream, Nov 22, 2008
  9. dmarotti

handy388

I am using the first black battery right now, and it's a fine battery. However, I have no experience with the website.

handy388, Nov 22, 2008
Ask a Question