Want gaming laptop, am tech illiterate

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by smunk44, Jun 15, 2018.

1. smunk44

smunk44

Hi,

I'm looking for a relatively powerful gaming laptop, something that can run Skyrim with mods without freaking out. I want the freedom to be able to play any game I want with my very videogame-oriented friends, but my current computer can hardly run anything. I can't spend more than $1,000, and I'd prefer to spend a few hundred less than that.

I've looked at lists and recommendations of laptops and such, but as the title suggests I'm completely tech illiterate and most of it goes over my head (e.g. descriptions of graphics cards and processors or whatever).

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I'm thinking of the "Dell Inspiron 15 700 Gaming" - do you think that would work?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    smunk44, Jun 15, 2018
  2. smunk44

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

As laptops are being updated all the time your best bet is to do an internet search for gaming mag sites.

something back, Jun 20, 2018
  3. smunk44

ajaymehra

For a $1000 laptop, I think you should go with the MSI or ASUS laptops gaming laptops which are highly recommended from everyone because these two brands are in some of the top leading gaming laptop providers. If you are thinking to go with ASUS then go with the TUF series and If MSI then GL series.

ajaymehra, Apr 21, 2019
  4. smunk44

MrDale93

I may not be able to give the best advice, I'm not new to Laptops and PC's, but there is definitely folk out there who can give better advice than me.
    I would say, if you're after a laptop able to play a game such as Skyrim, with or without mods, when shopping around for a new laptop pay attention to the graphics card. This is advice I was given when I asked a similar question. Aim to get something with the best graphics card you can, and everything else is usually rated round about the same as that. I dont know how true this is, or who it was who told me that, but it's seems to make sense to me.
    Have a look in second hand shops too. Who knows what bargains you might find in there! Just make sure any laptops are thoroughly checked first. Would be annoying to buy a laptop, get home, and find out it's got more viruses and issues than is actually possible.

MrDale93, Apr 26, 2019
  5. smunk44

sonimaan

Well, there are so many good gaming laptops are available in the market. And Dell Inspiron 15 700 Gaming is one of the best laptop for gaming and moreover, it is in your budget because MSI, Alienware, HP Omen all are in the higher budget. I think you can also go for Dell G317 Gaming that is gaming machine is engineered with the specific features that are dreamt by all gaming audience.
    You can everything from the powerful processors to discrete graphics cards; all these make your gaming experience more real and intense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2019
    sonimaan, May 14, 2019
  6. smunk44

wavedreams

The MSI GS65 Stealth Thin has good reviews.

wavedreams, May 14, 2019
Ask a Question