Want faster Boot ups under XP....

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by speedma, Oct 14, 2008.

1. speedma

speedma

My Boot ups are 90 seconds plus, and want to know how to get faster boots under XP... What start up programs can I stop in my boot ups to get faster boots...

Thanks,
    Speedma

speedma, Oct 14, 2008
  2. speedma

goofball

Re: Want faster Boot uos under XP....

every configuration is different, please post what you have starting up and that will give a good basis as to what to disable.

goofball, Oct 15, 2008
  3. speedma

speedma

Re: Want faster Boot uos under XP....

Thanks goofball, I will make the list and post it.... Also check the time you replied to my first post, now check your time you joined this forum... (4:02)

speedma, Oct 15, 2008
  4. speedma

emt

My boot time decreased about 30 seconds when I dropped z.a. firewall and just used windows firewall. Antivirus made little difference on time saving . I was very surprised at firewall making such a difference. If nothing vital on harddrive, give it a try. 160gb harddrive & xp on system.

emt, Oct 21, 2008
  5. speedma

viz1

Hi,

I have used a MS tool called Bootvis (do a search for it) it optimises the drivers during boot and makes (in my case a big difference). In summary the tool will analyse the order in which your drivers are loaded during startup and re-order them, plus move them on the disk to make things startup quicker. From personal experience I use it on all my XP machines and it works a dream.

Use at your own risk. Your mileage may vary, best of luck. :D

viz1, Oct 21, 2008
  6. speedma

onlineaddy

I did, and this is what came up:

onlineaddy, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question