Waking up from hibernate

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mreortiz, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mreortiz

mreortiz

Hello everyone, I have a question and not sure if I should be overly concerned about this or not. I recently purchased an Acer Aspire One D255 netbook, w/ 160 GB HDD hard drive, 2 GB RAM, & running Windows XP. I've noticed some irregular behavior when waking up from hibernate. When I hit the power button to awaken my hibernating computer it will do one of two things after booting: 1) it will wake up to the welcome screen of windows xp in about 15-20 seconds or 2) it will wake up to a black screen and I have to press a key or swipe the touch pad and then it awakens to the welcome screen, so it seems it goes to stand by mode after waking up from hibernate. Is this the start of a potential problem or much to do about nothing since my computer is waking up everytime? I believe I have all of my drivers up to date and have checked windows for all current updates. I've also contacted Acer but the suggestions they made weren't to helpful. Any comments on this matter would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ernesto

mreortiz, Feb 20, 2011
  2. mreortiz

Swarvey Moderator

Check out your power light next time. If the light is flashing, then it's more than likely just in standby mode. If it's off then it's hibernating.

Swarvey, Feb 21, 2011
Ask a Question