VLC lag and stutter?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aldudturn, Oct 12, 2008.

1. aldudturn

aldudturn

I'm having a bit of trouble watching video files on my AAO. It's the 8gb SSD version with 512mb of ram and running Linpus Lite. The first video file has this information:

The file generally plays alright but every now and then it pauses, sometimes momentarily and sometimes for a few seconds, and then resumes. This is extremely annoying as you can imagine! I had the same problem with a file I downloaded off from the bbc iplayer, which is a .mov file and I'm sure had a lower resolution.

So is this problem fixable? Is this a limitation of the SSD drive? Would running the file off a fast SDHC card help? Cheers.

aldudturn, Oct 12, 2008
  2. aldudturn

aldudturn

Bump. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem too as I'm still getting it.

aldudturn, Nov 8, 2008
  3. aldudturn

Gilgamesh

I had the same problem. I had Compiz activated , and that didn't let ram enough to play videos.
    I hope I helped you.

Sorry for my english.

Gilgamesh, Nov 24, 2008
  4. aldudturn

Ausweider

i just changed the output module to x11
    in options, make sure to click show advanced options or whatever its called. takes a while to find it

Ausweider, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question