Vista winload.exe error after windows updates

Discussion in 'Windows' started by berzerkus, Dec 22, 2008.

1. berzerkus

berzerkus

Hey, just looking for input to see if anybody has had a similar issue.

Twice I have installed Vista and applied the windows updates. After installing the last of the updates my machine gives a winload.exe is missing or corrupt on reboot. This has happened twice, and both times i've had to reinstall vista. (I do have a dual-boot setup with MacOSX, but tested it with another hdd and vista only..same issue).

Just curious if others have had the problem or if it is related to something i'm doing. If not, i guess xpsp3 will have to work for now.

berzerkus, Dec 22, 2008
  2. berzerkus

mmad

Have you tried repairing your installation?

mmad, Dec 22, 2008
  3. berzerkus

berzerkus

Yes, I've attempted repair via Vista install disk. This makes it bootable but unstable. The desktop never loads, and the control panel and windows update pain fail to completely load. I'm not necessarily looking to fix my current install, just seeing if anybody has had the issue so I can rule out if it's an issue with one of the updates on the AAO150, or if it's possibly a hardware/bios issue with my install. Just kinda troubleshooting at this point.

My assumption is that one of the Windows updates is the issue, but which one and why is the question.

berzerkus, Dec 22, 2008
Ask a Question