viruses and other problems!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ezeman, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ezeman

ezeman

Hello!
    I've got a problem. I got some viruses to my aspireone and I tried to remove those with avast!. Avast found many troijans and other shit. I tried to do this eRecovery thing but windows told me that there is some kind of problem with intializing program and only option was press OK. Task manager does not work anymore. Only for administration..because of virus I guess? I don't have anything important on my hard drive and I just would like to format my aspire or do the eRecovery. So can someone help mw with this problem? oh, and format C: doesn't work as well "shut down programs which uses hard drive" or something like that. thank YOU!

ezeman, Feb 4, 2009
  2. ezeman

laughinboy

Have you tried using ALT+F10 recovery option when booting your One?

laughinboy, Feb 6, 2009
  3. ezeman

Nemix

If software antivirus can't remove the virus.

Only way to destroy all traces of virus/spyware is to do a low level format (write zeros) to hard disk and boot sector and reset the hard drive back to factory defaults but by doing so you'll loose your eRecovery partition.

I deleted my eRecovery partition because knew things like this might happen. Sometimes the virus can be on your boot sector or even the recovery partition so even if you recover with eRecovery the virus will still be there but by all means try eRecovery first.

Nemix, Feb 10, 2009
Ask a Question