[video]WIFI lost connection when lay my hand near touchpad!!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by RdStudio, Mar 3, 2009.

1. RdStudio

RdStudio

Hi,

I've got Acer Aspire One 110 with Linux and 8GB SSD.
    I'm connecting to my home wireless via WIFI and here goes my problem.

Wifi keeps working great but when I Iay my hand on case at right off touchpad or press case there - wifi stops working !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've reinstalled system to XP and its all the same - seems like hardware error.

VIDEO :

RdStudio, Mar 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. RdStudio

RdStudio

Anyone have any ideas?

I've ordered intel pcie wifi card - i'll replace atheos and will see what happends than.

But what if intel wifi dont help either?

RdStudio, Mar 5, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. RdStudio

ronime

If you have some kind of prosthetic hand or lots of metallic jewellery on your fingers/wrist then try removing these first.

If you have already dismantled and reassembled your AA1 to perform a RAM upgrade or some other kind of mod then remove the keyboard bezel again (top cover) and check that the antenna connectors are seated properly in the wifi card and that the wifi card is properly seated in the PCI-e connector. Check also that the self-adhesive aluminium foil is is still properly attached to the underside of the keyboard bezel.

If none of the above apply or resolve the problem and your AA1 is under warranty, then exercise your rights to a warranty repair or replacement.

Failing this, Dell (Broadcom) and/or Intel PCI-e cards can be acquired very cheaply and are a worthwhile upgrade for the Atheros card.

ronime, Mar 5, 2009
  4. RdStudio

RdStudio

I've done all you have writed here - i've dismantled and reassembled all parts of my acer (3 times!).
    I've even do some tests and when every bolt was unscrewed, there was no keyboard and no top plastic-metal case all was working fine !!
    But when I reassembled all and screwed down all of the bolts - problem came back :(

RdStudio, Mar 5, 2009
  5. RdStudio

RdStudio

PROBLEM SOLVED

SOLUTION :

Change Atheos wifi to IntelĀ® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (Tri-mode 802.11a/b/g)

JOB DONE :mrgreen:

RdStudio, Mar 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question