Video stutter

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by diverduck1994, Nov 4, 2008.

1. diverduck1994

diverduck1994

Is there a solution to online video stutter. My signal is good and I have performance battery set. Is there anything else I can do to stop the stutter . thanks

diverduck1994, Nov 4, 2008
  2. diverduck1994

penandpaper

i dont think it's the AAO. it sounds like you might have a weak internet connection.

are you connected at 54g speeds?

penandpaper, Nov 4, 2008
  3. diverduck1994

Tamrac

Are you sure you're internet speed is capable of handling the bitrate on w/c the video is on at the moment? High signal means strong connection to the wifi router. Is not by any means indicating you have a fast connection to the internet. Try other sites, see if it's the same. Also please state what OS you are using, AAO model etc etc. It's really hard to pinpoint problems without these.

Tamrac, Nov 4, 2008
  4. diverduck1994

diverduck1994

Ok thanks here is what i got aa 110-1295 no mods. Running linpus. My main laptop gets good video so i didn't think it was my connection (both on wireless belkin router). Installed these programs skype,vlc, and chess. Even at school where I know I am get a good connection still stutters badly. I not great with computers so i could be missing something. Apparently its not my processor or everybody would have this prob. I just hope there is a way to fix it thanks for your help.

5. diverduck1994

Tamrac

Upgrade the wifi driver. The original linpus driver does have this problem. Search the linux section of this forum.

Tamrac, Nov 4, 2008
  6. diverduck1994

diverduck1994

Maybe looking in all the wrong places. I can't seem to find any linpus drivers when I search. Seem s like all the drivers are for XP. Thanks I'll keep looking.

7. diverduck1994

lougle

I am interested in a solution as well.

My video with the Aspire One and Skype sucks. The frame rate is very, very slow. Audio works well. Video coming in from the other person looks great. Is there any way to improve my video quality? I am also unable to find updated drivers for the wifi card... if that is the problem at all.

lougle, Nov 13, 2008
  8. diverduck1994

robandjeanne

Latest wifi driver is easy if you have Windows, can just do an update. How do you run the video when using skype for a phone call? Is the video optional at either end? Do you somehow just turn the camera on once the phone connects?

robandjeanne, Nov 17, 2008
  9. diverduck1994

Zaireeka

Ive been having this problem as well. Running XP and 1gb ram, no internet connection problem (i have a really fast connection) but video is always really stuttering. Drivers are up to date, anyone got any ideas at all??

Zaireeka, Nov 27, 2008
  10. diverduck1994

Zaireeka

I should add that this is internet video, no problems with real player.

Zaireeka, Nov 27, 2008
  11. diverduck1994

naeemsta

buddy first of all YOU NEED HIGHER INTERNET SPEED.
    man this is normal why not think abit...

naeemsta, Jan 16, 2009
  12. diverduck1994

mh-

The AAO can't handle heavily compressed video. It just can't. I recall reading something about getting slightly better performance by compiling the video player with intels compiler optimized for the atom processor, but that's not really an option for closed source software like skype or flash.

Could also be that the flash player for Linux is less optimized than the one for Windows - at least it used to be back in the days. Not sure about the current status or what version Linpus ships with tho.

Finally it *could* be the connection speed, but I highly doubt that is in this case.

mh-, Jan 16, 2009
  13. diverduck1994

jcm

I found that "stuttering" video in Fedora 10 was due to the Atom processor being throttled back to 800 Mhz. When I stopped this CPU-throttling in "Services", the processor then ran at 1.6GHz, and the video ran smoothly without any glitches.

jcm, Jan 30, 2009
  14. diverduck1994

sagebrush

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL

VLC PLAYER...

sagebrush, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question