Video playback with 532H...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Eosblue, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Eosblue

Eosblue

I'm thinking of picking up a Acer 532H netbook from Costco. I presently have an Acer 11.6 751H and I've just about had it with video playback. I'm wondering if the 532H plays hulu.com or youtube.com video smoothly. I'm just tired of skipping frames resulting in very jerky video.

I see where the 532H has a 1.6Mhz processor while my 751H tops out at 1.3Mhz. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Eosblue, Jun 26, 2010
  2. Eosblue

bluevolume

Probably not going to do what you want. The 532h is a great machine but it does not have better video capability. There may be some things you can do through optimized codecs, but you could do that on your current machine too.

I have a Crystal HD card in mine, which works good with some workarounds. I don't think the HULU encoding works with it though.

bluevolume, Jun 27, 2010
  3. Eosblue

Eosblue

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll stay with my 751H for now.

Eosblue, Jun 30, 2010
  4. Eosblue

downunder

The acer Aspire one only has an 8mb graphics card so playing videos will be a bit hard

downunder, Jul 3, 2010
Ask a Question