video chat question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by roborat, Jul 23, 2008.

1. roborat

roborat

guys,

newbie here. has anyone tried using the video chat function via Yahoo Messenger? any reviews? this will be one of the main purpose on why i'm considering of getting one and just want to make sure that it does work. appreciate all the help..thanks.

roborat, Jul 23, 2008
  2. roborat

Christoper

Here is what is happening... You can view the web cam of your chatmate in YM but if you invite them to view your webcam with the Acer Messenger, and they pressed the accept button invitation, what will appear is that the invitation were "declined".

That is my problem now. As of the moment I don't intend to use the YM Software or download it. What I want to do is to use the Acer Messenger. Does anyone got a good shoot that their messenger webcam has successfully worked in a video chat in YM? Help...

Christoper, Jul 24, 2008
  3. roborat

roborat

thanks for the reply! i guess i'll just wait for the XP version. hope you find a fix.

roborat, Jul 24, 2008
  4. roborat

dandesigns

i successfully had a video chat from acer messenger to xp yahoo messenger. it declined on the first try but on the 2nd, it worked. no problems at all BUT no voice chat. :) use skype. :D

dandesigns, Jul 25, 2008
  5. roborat

roborat

hi, could it be YM is not compatible with linux? sorry i'm a complete idiot when it comes to linux.

roborat, Jul 27, 2008
Ask a Question