utility to fake higher rez screen? winXP

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by feeble8, Nov 17, 2008.

1. feeble8

feeble8

I have a 160gb WinXp version, a couple applications that I use require higher screen resolution, so menu items etc fall off the visible desktop. Any software utilities capable of creating a fake higher screen resolution or larger virtual desktop?

thanks, 8

feeble8, Nov 17, 2008
  2. feeble8

Forone

The A1ctl application is mainly fan-temp control but has a screen res feature:
    - fast screen resolution changes, with 1024×768 scrolled and downscaled modes (XP only)
    I tried, and it worked well but had to be reset after system reboot. Its battery sparing and fan features are very good, too.

http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/a1ctl/

Forone, Nov 17, 2008
  3. feeble8

feeble8

thanks, but unfortunately i can't seem to get beyond the error listed on the homepage, even with the install of the linked runtime. I'll keep trying.

feeble8, Nov 18, 2008
  4. feeble8

solman

add these two registry entries, then go into graphics properties to adjust to a higher resolution. afterwards, use the mouse to scroll the screen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ialm\Device0
    "PruningMode"=dword:00000000
    "Display1_DownScalingSupported"=dword:00000001

solman, Nov 18, 2008
Ask a Question