Using a citrix access gateway

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hampi, Sep 25, 2008.

1. hampi

hampi

Hallo
    In our company, we have a citrix access gateway which is accessible via https://cag.company.com

With my aspire one i get the logon-screen and can log me into the page. I can see all the applications i am alowed to use. When i click on one of the apps, the ICA-Client starts and disappears. Nothing more happend.

I installed the icaclient as described here: http://fedorasolved.org/Members/imerheb ... -client-on
    In addition i made a symbolic link to npica.so into the firefox plugin directory.

Has anybody allready solved this problem?

Many thanks
    Hans-Peter

hampi, Sep 25, 2008
  2. hampi

hampi

Hello
    I did some more testing about this issue. I found out, that there must be a message displayed very shortely. It is not readable. Is there a log i could look in?
    Regards
    Hans-Peter

hampi, Oct 1, 2008
  3. hampi

acerj

I am facing exact same problem. Have you found any solution

acerj, Oct 6, 2008
  4. hampi

pstirton

I think I had this exact problem. I would open the "Citrix Presentation Server Client for Linux", select a connection and connect.

A little "Connecting to..." window would appear and display several different text bits for a second, then nothing.

I found out by accident that in the Connection/Properties/Window dialog, I couldn't set "Window Size" to "Full Screen" or "Seamless Window" (maybe there is some trick I don't know).

Given the small size of the Aspire One, I wish I could use full screen, but the best I can do for now is setting "Window Size" to "Percentage of Screen Size" - 100%

Anyone have a better solution?

Thanks.

pstirton, Oct 11, 2008
  5. hampi

acerj

How did you solve your problem with a little window appearing and then nothing happens ? I am still stuck at that point

acerj, Oct 11, 2008
  6. hampi

NikT

The Citrix client I've been using on the AspireOne in Windows XP is bug free.. I've used it heavily to rebuild machines in China using work's network.. so it had a good opportunity to screw me around, but didn't - I was alternating between full screen and windowed with no issue - I think I even messed with the options just for the hell of it.

Don't get me wrong here.. I love linux/unix as a server OS.. but as a desktop, it takes too much tweaking.. I only share this because it's good to see other's angle on things.

NikT, Oct 12, 2008
  7. hampi

pstirton

I wasn't explicit in my previous post. My workaround for Citrix dying when you try to start it is to NOT set "Window Size" to "Full Screen" or "Seamless Window". Instead, set it to "Percentage of Screen Size" - 100%. This solution lets me work, though with a border on the window. This is annoying, as I am used to WinXP, where I can set the session to completely fill the screen.

Responding to the suggestion we simply switch to XP, the Linpus machines have an 8 GB drive, so that is difficult to do. Also, I bought this configuration of the AA1 because it boots and is ready to work in less than half a minute, whereas my XP machine takes around 4 or 5 minutes. Other than the annoyance of the border on the Citrix window, and the irritation of learning Open Office when I am used to MS Word, this machine is doing what I need.

Here is how I set the window size. The setting may be found in the "Citrix Presentation Server Client for Linux" application:
    * Select the connection.
    * Click "Properties" button
    * From the drop-down list at the very top of the "Properties" dialog, select "Window"
    * In the "Window Size" section of the dialog, click the "Percentage of Screen Size" radio button to select that option.
    * Below the "Window Size" radio buttons, in the section of the dialog labeled "Percentage of Screen Size", enter 100 into the "%" text box.
    * Click "OK" to accept the changes.

pstirton, Oct 20, 2008
  8. hampi

tonymayzes

I seem to be having a related issue, when I connect to a client through a web browser I get the exact same symptoms that are described here, however when I try to run 'Citrix Presentation Server Client' I seem to get the same issue in that the there's a quick flash, the disk access light comes on for a couple of seconds, then nothing, so I can't even change the settings.

Anyone have any idea which config file these are in and I'll try to go edit them manually.

I resolved this issue by running from the command line, I found that a dependancy was missing, libXp.6.0 (I think), so a quick search and an rpm install later I was able to run the software.

Thanks
    Tony

tonymayzes, Oct 22, 2008
Ask a Question