User Manuals for Acer Aspire One 532

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ChrisJBrady, Jan 5, 2011.

1. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

I need the Quick Start Guide and General User Guides. I have inadvertently deleted them from my AcerSystem folder. The Acer website offers the Quick Start Guide as a PDF download, but nowhere can I find the General Guide. I wonder if these could be uploaded to this Forum? Or maybe someone could tell me how to obtain the latter please. Many thanks.

ChrisJBrady, Jan 5, 2011
  2. ChrisJBrady

donec

donec, Jan 5, 2011
  3. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

Thank you - as I mentioned I have the Quick Start Guide. I need the General Guide Manual.

I got this reply from Acer Support:

===

Unfortunately, we would not be able to email you the General Guide Manual of your computer.

We would like to inform you, let us try to reinstall the manual from the Recovery management, which might fix the issue.

Below are the steps to reinstall the manual from the Recovery management:

1. From the Windows 7 default Start menu, click All Programs, Acer and then click Acer Recovery Management.

2. In the Acer Recovery Management window, click Restore, and then click Reinstall applications/drivers, select Manual.

===

Why they can't (won't?) email me the Manual is a moot point. I don't think I'm going to do a system restore - with the risk of losing gigabytes of user-files - just to get a User Manual. As usual Acer Customer Service haven't a clue.

ChrisJBrady, Jan 6, 2011
  4. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

This is the latest craziness from Acer Customer Support. And I don't believe they're really in Ireland. BUT WHY ARE THEY SUGGESTING THAT I MAKE A FULL RECOVERY BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS JUST TO GET A PDF FILE???????

======

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please email me the PDF of the General Guide Manual for the Acer Aspire One 532 ...

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Soujanya M) - 07/01/2011 09.13 AM

Dear Chris Brady,

Thank you for contacting Acer UK.

Regarding your enquiry, we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you, we would not be able to email you the General Guide Manual of your computer.

Please perform recovery, which might fix the issue.

By performing recovery the computer will come to the factory default settings that means to the original state when you purchased the computer.

In order to perform recovery through recovery partition, the instructions are as follows:-

Please back up any important information before initiating the recovery procedure.

Click on START (THE WINDOWS LOGO WHICH IS AT THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE SCREEN) >>ALL PROGRAMS>>ACER>>EMPOWERING TECHNOLOGY>>E RECOVERY MANAGEMENT>>

Using this application you can perform recovery and also create recovery CDs.

1. BACK UP is the utility to create recovery CDs - [but the Acer does not have a CD drive!!!!!].
    2. RESTORE is the utility to do a recovery on the computer.

Note: This process of recovery will not work, if the hard disk drive is formatted.

For further assistance please do not hesitate to email or contact us on 0871 760 1000 (UK), 0818 202 210 (Eire).

Regards
    Acer UK Online Technical Support Team

ChrisJBrady, Jan 7, 2011
  5. ChrisJBrady

donec

6. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

Thank you for that link. The PDF is far more comprehensive than I thought - it is excellent. It has a lot of info. about issues I have experienced over the last year. Great stuff. Now why couldn't acer CS told me about it - its only 8MB too, so easily emailed. Thank you again.

P.S. To the Mods of the forum, might I suggest that you set up a comprehensive page listing all of the links to these kind of PDF files. That would be a great resource.

ChrisJBrady, Jan 8, 2011
  7. ChrisJBrady

rich_l

rich_l, Jan 12, 2011
  8. ChrisJBrady

donec

donec, Jan 13, 2011
  9. ChrisJBrady

rich_l

rich_l, Jan 13, 2011
  10. ChrisJBrady

donec

Is this suggestion to me or to Acer Aspire One User Forum? If to me I don't have such info I just searched for it and posted my results. I agree it would be a good resorse if someone has this info.

donec, Jan 23, 2011
  11. ChrisJBrady

Swarvey Moderator

Once some links and mirrors are established I can add them to our Wiki.

Swarvey, Jan 23, 2011
Ask a Question