Use of Graphics Card in my laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by LaptopGeek, Jul 28, 2016.

1. LaptopGeek

LaptopGeek

I do not play a lot of games. In fact I haven't played any in the last 3 months.

So, I was just wondering, did I make a mistake by buying a laptop with a graphics card?

Are there any other applications which use the graphics card.

Not that I had the option of removing the graphics card and then ordering, as it was pre-configured, but wanted to just know if there is any other use of the graphics card?

LaptopGeek, Jul 28, 2016
  2. LaptopGeek

something back

Welcome to the laptop-forums site

The graphics card will take some of the work away from the c.p.u.

A none Integrated graphic card will be better for jobs like cad design, games ,
    graphic manipulation etc.

An Integrated graphic card, that's one on the motherboard will probably
    use some of the ram to function.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    something back, Jul 28, 2016
    umair likes this.
  3. LaptopGeek

Fuzyon

Graphics card can definitely help make the process smoother in applications like Photoshop or Cinema 4D, pretty much anything that involves animations or videos. Sure, you can do just fine with an integrated graphics card but doesn't hurt to have a dedicated one, maybe you'll play or game or two in the future.

Fuzyon, Jul 28, 2016
    umair likes this.
  4. LaptopGeek

Corzhens

The graphics card is an enhancer because it handles the required processes of your graphics. From what I know, a basic graphic card in the computer (laptop or desktop) is just really a basic so the processing is passed on to the processor. But a graphics card certainly eases the job of the processor. That's how I understand the graphics card which also applies to the sound card - we actually call them graphics card and audio card.

Corzhens, Aug 1, 2016
    umair likes this.
Ask a Question