USB thumb drives or flash drives dont show in Explorer

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ArbitrageMan, Mar 12, 2009.

1. ArbitrageMan

ArbitrageMan

I put a USB thumb drive in any of the USB slots. The computer makes the noise that somethings connected via usb. But the drive doesnt show up in Windows Explorer.

The same thing happens when I put a flash card in the flash drive. It make the noise, but the card doesnt show up in windows explorer.

Whats more, when I go into Disk Management (right click on My Computer, click Manager, Disk Manager) the USB or Flash drive WILL be there. I can change the drive letter associated with them, but that doesnt solve the issue of the drive not showing up.

I have an external USB DVD drive, and that works fine!!

Any suggestions on where I should start troubleshooting?

ArbitrageMan, Mar 12, 2009
  2. ArbitrageMan

ArbitrageMan

Alright. It works when the computer is plugged into AC power, but not when its running on battery power.

ArbitrageMan, Mar 13, 2009
  3. ArbitrageMan

gcbailey

That's strange, mine works fine either way. I have a 8GB SDHC card in and used numerous flash drives w/o the AC adapter connected. Do you have the latest battery? Or have to tried to go to "d:\" in the explorer search bar and see what happens?

gcbailey, Mar 13, 2009
Ask a Question