USB Speakers

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by stevewatson1972, Oct 15, 2008.

1. stevewatson1972

stevewatson1972

Hi

Very new user here!

Just bought some 'Trust USB Speakers' from Amazon (a reviewer said they were compatible with Linux), SP-2750p.

They show up as a device when I type "lsusb" in a terminal but I can't work out how to switch over from the internal speakers when I use Amarok.

Any help would be much appreciated! Maybe, they just aren't compatible?

Cheers!

Steve

stevewatson1972, Oct 15, 2008
  2. stevewatson1972

Duncan_Rowland

Duncan_Rowland, Oct 15, 2008
  3. stevewatson1972

stevewatson1972

Hi

Thanks, may give this a go... Although I've been advised to try installing Mandriva instead as this may recognize the speakers?

It's no wonder people opt for Windows!

Steve

stevewatson1972, Oct 15, 2008
  4. stevewatson1972

Duncan_Rowland

Hi Steve,
    yes, it's a shame the USB sound support isn't installed out the box, but I reckon that entirely replacing your operating system with a different flavor of Linux is probably not the simplest solution to your problem (though you could perhaps try booting Mandriva off a USB stick to test it first). Personally, I'd backup anything you care about (just-in-case) and give Marathon's instructions a try (they worked for me)... Or, you could always install Windows if you are happier with that? I know the learning curve with any new OS can be a bit steep at first, but there's plenty of documentation and helpful people who use Linux if you get stuck.
    Best -Duncan.

Duncan_Rowland, Oct 15, 2008
Ask a Question