USB ports flash drive & external usb harddrive not recognised anymore ?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by rogertempo, May 22, 2019.

1. rogertempo

rogertempo

this happened after I updated the chipset - usb ports flash drive & external usb harddrive not recognized anymore ?

How ever my Samsung mobile phone -is still recognized via usb- what can I do to to fix ?? Dell support assist- could Not find any issues.

rogertempo, May 22, 2019
  2. rogertempo

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

If it's windows 10 you are using, goto the windows icon bottom left,

right click on it ,then choose device manager, scroll down to usb controllers click on it

Right click on each LINE (at a time) then choose uninstall to each line in the usb controllers section,when you have done that restart your machine.

It should reset your usb drivers on boot up.

something back, May 22, 2019
  3. rogertempo

rogertempo

its windows 8 -and I have already tried this - it did not fix the problem- Now Microsoft also says it does not make anymore updates for windows 8 - they said I need to update to windows 8.1 or 10

rogertempo, May 23, 2019
  4. rogertempo

something back

something back, May 23, 2019
  5. rogertempo

rogertempo

Thank you for your reply , I re-downloaded all the Dell inspiron Chipsets -there are 3 altogether - I found that the
    https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00701112M/5/CardReader_Realtek_W8_X02_A00_Setup-N3VPV_ZPE.exe

was the right one- The reason it was strange- was because I thought I had all drivers already installed- Even with the Dell SupportAssit Agent Telling me that it found no issues during the Not recognizing USB period.

rogertempo, May 24, 2019
Ask a Question