USB Not recognised?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by oldskooladdict, Sep 14, 2008.

1. oldskooladdict

oldskooladdict

I created a recovery usb stick (on a memory stick duo thing) using my old XP machine (thank god after reading the 'error 39' post in this forum), however, when I boot and hit F12 I simply get 2 options:

1. IDE
    2. Network PCI Legacy

Neither of these look very USB to me! - The first is clearly the main hdd, the second I have no idea.

In a previous post of mine you can see I get an error on boot - Initialization Error - HAL - which means I can't see USB sticks when I am using the PC - I've tried to fix this, but to no avail.

any ideas - as at present I can't even restore the system back to its factory default :cry: (a slight aside, after reading various posts for the last couple of hours, my opinion of Acer has gone downhill rapidly :/ )

oldskooladdict, Sep 14, 2008
  2. oldskooladdict

dgharwood

I am having terrible problems getting my recovery USB disk working.

I have tried doing it on the Aspire one and also from the boot cd to a sub disk.

Nothing works.

However, for your prohlem, you must ensure that the usb disk in in the slot before you boot the computer up.
    Try also changing the boot order - which you can do using F2.
    Hope this helps.

dgharwood, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question