USB Mouse for Acer One...?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jasper1, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jasper1

jasper1

Do I need a special type of USB mouse for my Acer One (Linux Linpus Lite version) please or will any one work?

Not sure if these things have PnP...?

Thank you :)

jasper1, Aug 23, 2008
  2. jasper1

Guest Guest

Any standard USB mouse should work, I have used a few on mine with no issues.

Guest, Aug 23, 2008
  3. jasper1

Ace_Rimmer

I have used both a $10 Microsoft USB mouse and a Targus wireless USB mouse on my and they both work fine.

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 23, 2008
  4. jasper1

hombrelobo

Same here. I tried a USB mouse I had at home ... all perfect ...

hombrelobo, Aug 23, 2008
  5. jasper1

Sid

Sid, Aug 23, 2008
  6. jasper1

TS.

I've used three different USB mice on mine (linux model) and they have all worked just fine.

TS., Aug 24, 2008
  7. jasper1

blackjack

At home I use a Logitech Nano laptop mouse (the one I got was about $50, some fancier ones run $60-$70).
    Some pics of that...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It certainly is "Nano" in size. :geek: It does still jut out of a USB slot just a sliver, and with a tight slip case I don't recommend leaving it in place (you can sort of wedge the provided slip cover over the Aspire with the Nano still in place, but it's not easy to do).

[​IMG]
    This seems almost James Bond, but you can pop the transmitter into a tiny "holster" inside the mouse in front of the battery content (there's a slide button to slip the battery cover off).

There's a tiny power switch on the bottom of the mouse. A cool feature -- when you put the tiny transmitter back in the "holster" inside the battery compartment, it automatically turns *off* the mouse. When you take the transmitter *out* of the holster, it automatically turns *on* the mouse. :cool: Of course, the other night I mistakenly thought the batteries were already dead because I couldn't manually switch it on -- which was because the Nano transmitter was *in* its holster. My tiny mind can't keep track of these things. :lol:

Despite the teeny size, this still has good range. While demonstrating the Aspire One at my mom's house I was using the mouse a good 10-15 feet away from the unit w/o problems.

blackjack, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question