USB install problem...need advice please.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jonahwicky, Feb 13, 2010.

1. jonahwicky

jonahwicky

I have a USB stick all set up with an Nlite install and Multiboot. When I get to the Windows Setup screen and it asks where I want to install Windows, the only option available is the USB stick itself, not the hard drive. Any ideas on how to get the hard drive to show up as an option?

Thanks.

jonahwicky, Feb 13, 2010
  2. jonahwicky

loucfer

Hi!

You've two choices:

- You can change the bios setting on SATA mode from AHCI to IDE. Doing it, the windows installation will probably recognize your hard disk without more adjustements. BUT if you try to revert the SATA mode to AHCI when you've Windows installed, the result will be a bsod.

- Rebuild your nlited Windows including your SATA drivers to be loaded at automatically at startup (if you've got an external optical drive I suppose you can load it pressing F6 when the Windows install ask you about using your own SATA drivers).

I've a AOD150 with XP Pro installed via pendrive using the above method and it's working ok.

regards,

loucfer, Feb 17, 2010
Ask a Question