USB Bluetooth Adapters (Linux) - WORKING*

Discussion in 'Networking' started by linker3000, Aug 4, 2008.

1. linker3000

Aspiration

[quote="shanz"
    I've installed Nautilus and now 'Browse Device' is available. [/quote]

How did you get Nautilus installed? I couldn't get my netbook to do that... too many unresolved dependency things so I just assumed it doesn't like gnome.

I did get the browse device working before I trashed the whole bluetooth installation... was only one way transfers and I have no desire to waste my valuable data plan by having my computer hog downloads via my Crapberry Storm... which sucks... I mean the phone sucks.

Aspiration, Feb 18, 2010
  2. linker3000

Aspiration

I can tell from [user@localhost...] that you did not enter su first in the terminal window. unless you do this and type in the secret login code you used when first setting up the netbook, you will not be able to write to the directory. When you do type su and enter it should ask you for the password and then show something like [root...] instead of [user...] before the prompt

Yeah, I hit that snag too.]

Aspiration, Feb 18, 2010
  3. linker3000

Aspiration

The software link you give below is what broke my linpus lite. Bluez is for some other version of OS because it destroys the normal desktop screen until you reboot. Do not install Bluez on linpus lite... I'm warning you... haha. It will screw up the installation instructions given at the start of this board index.

Aspiration, Feb 18, 2010
  4. linker3000

Aspiration

Yes... all this to use bluetooth. Can you imagine anyone spending the rest of their lives typing in the techy stuff each and every time they have to reinstall the OS from scratch? Well, that's Linux for you.

Aspiration, Feb 18, 2010
  5. linker3000

kengrace

F8T016

kengrace, Feb 18, 2010
  6. linker3000

linker3000

it's really more of a case of "Well, that's Acer's version of Linpus Linux for you" as they chose to not include the required bluetooth drivers in their implementation. My AA1 has been running Fedora 11 (and now 12) for a very long time now and Bluetooth 'just works' without all that fiddling around.

linker3000, Mar 20, 2010
  7. linker3000

vivian

good post thankyou very much

vivian, May 16, 2011
  8. linker3000

Dazza

Help....

Where can I download the bluetooth.tgz and bluetooth2.tgz files?

Dazza, May 13, 2012
Ask a Question