usa model - worldwide voltage ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by KiNG, Jul 22, 2008.

1. KiNG

rjm

If your assumptions about its operation were correct, the Aspire's power brick would turn in to a pool of molten slag within a few seconds.

120W-288W input, 30W output = 90-258W dissipated as heat.

Safe to assume the 1.2A is a peak draw, not an average current, though I don't know exactly what the figure refers to.

rjm, Nov 25, 2008
  2. KiNG

rjm

rjm, Nov 25, 2008
  3. KiNG

jjj

jjj, Nov 25, 2008
  4. KiNG

paull

I just returned from Europe and managed to use mine, in five different countries, with only a plug adapter.
    Unfortunally, I was using it last night (I used it several times since my return), and the screen went black and the thing is dead...only the power led and fan work! Called Tech Supp and after 33 mins on the phone, was asked to try to connect to an external monitor to see if it worked, but did not have one nearby. They gave me an address to ship it to for repair! Only had it since the end of September :-(
    paull

paull, Dec 30, 2008
  5. KiNG

deebee

It should work okay with a converter, but why carry extra junk?

Either use a travel adaptor, or a get a new power lead with the appropriate plug.

deebee, Jan 31, 2009
  6. KiNG

gybe

If a charger says "100-240" this means that it can be plugged into any of the two outlets - 240V (EU) or 110V (USA). If you don't have the appropriate plug but you do have as some of you say "worldwide" charger, you just need an adapter for the plug.

Almost every consumer electronics that can be bought in EU has to have 100-240V chargers, in case you're travelling. You can get adapters in every tech store. If not, go to local airport, they SHOULD have them.

gybe, Apr 7, 2009
  7. KiNG

slidergirl

I am a little confused here, so I hope someone can offer a simple answer to my question.
    I have the power supply that came with my AAOne - the Delta Electronics one. I know that brick part is dual-voltage. BUT, the cable that came with it has a tag on it, "7A 125V", with a U.S 3 prong plug. Does that mean that that cable will only work here in the US and Canada, or will it actually work overseas with the appropriate adapter plug? I'm heading to Egypt and Jordan in October, so I want to be sure all my electronics are appropriately configured to work there.

slidergirl, Sep 2, 2009
Ask a Question