Upgrading iDeneb 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 and beyond

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rarepleasures, Sep 25, 2009.

1. rarepleasures

rarepleasures

I've tried to upgrade my installation of iDeneb 10.5.6 using the iDeneb Combo 10.5.7 update but its failed. The laptop keeps rebooting just after 'the select startup volume screen'. Can anyone help ?

Is there a definative guide upgrading iDeneb to 10.5.7 -> 10.5.8. I've search the forums there seems to be lots of vague hints and mentions of other distributions but no, one single simple definitive step-by-step guide.

Thanks

T

rarepleasures, Sep 25, 2009
  2. rarepleasures

yohko101

as far as i know, if you want to update to 10.5.8, you'll have to go through the apple software update, or download it on the apple website.

and when you update, you'll have to pay close attention to backing up ur kernel, and patching your video to work again and other system parts.

there is no step by step guide because usually everyone has a different setup/hardware of OSX or iDeneb for that matter even if we all use acers lol

yohko101, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question