Upgrading HDD and RAM on Acer 10in AOD150 KAV10

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by student, Aug 7, 2009.

1. student

student

Is the max ram 2gb? If I upgrade the HDD should I choose a WD Blue 500GB, WD Black 320GB or Seagate momentus 500GB with fall sensor. Is it difficult to upgrade? Or should I just get an external drive for the audio/video files and forget about the ram. Or should I wait for the WD black 500gb?

student, Aug 7, 2009
  2. student

AOD150BLACK

2G is the limit in ram.

I would suggest you make your hard drive decision with some consideration for the amount of heat each model may produce, the power comsumption, and your actual usage requirements. There's no reason to go for the fastest drive if it will add additional heat or drain your battery, unless your disk usage is heavy and your willing to make the tradeoff.

AOD150BLACK, Aug 8, 2009
  3. student

student

Will the ST9500420ASG actually add more heat to the system and drain the battery life more than the WD Blue 500GB? With only a 3cell battery, it lasts <2hrs so battery life is important. What are others experiences with these drives?

student, Aug 8, 2009
Ask a Question