Upgraded the RAM on my A1, but now the keyboard dont work*.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Lewismac10, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Lewismac10

Lewismac10

*when i say don't work, it wont stay in the port, the little plastic clip thing doesn't keep the wire in the Port, it just comes out. But when it kinda stays in i clip back the keyboard and start up.

Well that was my problem at first, now it seems that on BIOS (as of y/day it worked on BIOS) but not when windows loaded up (this is an oringal LINUX model with XP installed).

Could someone hand some advice to what to do? Take back to PC world and hope for the best (i have left a couple of marks where ive brought the keyboard up on the keyboard)? Or would maybe a new keyboard for it do, and is it possible to buy just a keyboard or what?

Lewis.

EDIT : On further inspection, i tested it by holding the thing in and just had a keyboard resting, and it worked. moved it and the clamp think just flys off.

Just need to be able to keep the wire in.

Lewismac10, Jan 26, 2009
  2. Lewismac10

jerryt

Try flipping the black retainer over.

jerryt, Jan 26, 2009
  3. Lewismac10

Lewismac10

Tried all sides mate, doesnt want to stay in.

Lewismac10, Jan 26, 2009
  4. Lewismac10

melhiore

I've got some funny feeling you managed to snap two very tiny clips on each side of this black lock. They clipping to white part of the connector... In that case this connector can be just damaged I'm afraid...

melhiore, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question