UPGRADED RAM HELP ?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by NTO, Nov 25, 2008.

1. NTO

NTO

HELP PLEASE IVE UP GRADED MY RAM AND NOW I HAVE NO SOUND CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

NTO, Nov 25, 2008
  2. NTO

kohnen

One of the plugs you have to disconnect to get to the RAM is the plug to the speakers. Did you remember to plug that in?

One way to tell if you didn't is to put headphones in. If headphones work, then you probably forgot the plug.

kohnen, Nov 25, 2008
  3. NTO

NTO

I HAVE LOOKED AT THE WIRES AND THAY ALL LOOK OK
    SO CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ???
    AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET HOLD OF PARTS IN THE UK ?

NTO, Nov 27, 2008
  4. NTO

bjlockie

I never disconnected an audio plug to get at the ram.

bjlockie, Dec 20, 2008
  5. NTO

Whambo

I needed to to slide the MB out.. maybe it's just a quirk w/ the HDD version

Whambo, Dec 24, 2008
  6. NTO

goofball

sound from the internal speakers or sound from the headphone jack?
    please test both outputs and see if one or both do not work.
    There is the one that goes from motherboard to daughtercard which provides sound through the headphone jack.
    if that one works, and the internal speakers don't, it is possible that the speaker connections have come undone from the motherboard or are defective.

goofball, Dec 24, 2008
  7. NTO

sharatharadhya

I don't mean to scare you but Motherboard and other computer components are very sensitive. It is always recommended to use an Anti-Static Wrist strap before touching the components. Our body carries a lot of Static Charge and touching a component would bust it. This is still a low possibility but I would recommend that you use an Anti-Static wrist strap so that you keep your Computer Safe. About the RAM upgrade, I would recommend that you recheck all the cables and update the Audio drivers for your Motherboard not that it is related to a RAM Upgrade. It is wise to check if it is a software issue(which I believe it most probably is) so that you find out for sure. Good Luck.

sharatharadhya, Apr 21, 2016
  8. NTO

nytegeek

Usually the two would be unrelated unless you disconnected something in the process. Oh, maybe turn off the caps please? Shouting isn't very nice and you will get a better response in most cases if you don't do it.

nytegeek, Apr 21, 2016
  9. NTO

Corzhens

I'm sorry that you have encountered that problem. It is not recommended to upgrade the memory when you are not a tech. I would suggest that you bring your laptop to a repair shop. If you had replaced the memory chip with a new one, the most probable that happened is you have inserted an incompatible RAM. Or maybe that RAM card is not working properly or faulty. The tech has a tool to check the RAM.

Corzhens, Apr 21, 2016
  10. NTO

nytegeek

Actually that isn't the most likely problem in this case. He is experiencing a problem that clearly isn't directly related to RAM at all. The only feasible way it could be connected to the upgrade is if something was disconnected in the process, but most ram upgrades wouldn't involve disconnecting the sound.

nytegeek, Apr 22, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
Ask a Question