Upgrade to higher resolution screen HP Laptop...?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by chinee, Mar 19, 2017.

1. chinee

chinee

Hello all... brand new to this forum and to PC customization. I've added memory and upgraded network cards, swapped out a HDD and graphics card once, but that's about the extent of my experience. I am quite handy though and not afraid to try my hand at upgrading components.

Normally I would buy a new PC/laptop rather than upgrade, but with the chips and components today, a PC can last quite a long time before it becomes close to being obsolete. Qualifier... neither I, nor my 14 yr old son, are avid gamers who require ultra high perfromance machines... far from it.

I got this budget gamer HP Pavilion 15t ab100 for my son 15 months ago and ordered it with a 1366x768 panel, now I'm wishing that I had gotten a 1080 panel instead.

Looks like when I connect a second monitor that's 1080, the video is automatically displayed at the higher resolution, but remains at the lower res on the laptop panel.

i5 6200U, Nvidia GeForce 940M.

Can I upgrade the panel to a 1080?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    chinee, Mar 19, 2017
  2. chinee

Tech_Man

Well, it would be depend on the screen model. If there is the same model with higher resolution then you can upgrade it. I have D830 and the screen is upgraded to x1200.

Tech_Man, May 22, 2017
Ask a Question