Updating a Macbook Pro after years.

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rubymusic1, May 8, 2016.

1. rubymusic1

rubymusic1

Hi all!

I've had my macbook pro since about 2011, but I only ever updated my OS once... This was about 3 years ago now. My question is, would I have problems if I updated it to the most current OS right now? Are there any precautions that I should take before making the jump?

Many thanks in advance! :D

rubymusic1, May 8, 2016
  2. rubymusic1

Yillbs

likely. Can you give more detailed specs on what you're running. I have an early 2013, with 16GB ram, the 750M GPU, and an I7. It runs El captain flawlessly, like it's got no issues what so ever. I even game a little. So, if you have anything close to me, then you should have no issues.

Yillbs, May 11, 2016
  3. rubymusic1

BlueText

Oh, I always update whenever I get new updates. I can't imagine how different everything would be if I updated everything from a couple years a back now. I haven't had any issue with any of the updates though you should check that the updates are what you want and that you have everything backed up just in case the update erases anything.

BlueText, Sep 10, 2016
Ask a Question