Updated to SL - Having problems pairing Mighty Mouse.

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Chef Borjan, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Chef Borjan

Chef Borjan

Hi there.

Didn't have a bluetooth mouse before, so can't say if it was updating to SL specifically thats causing the problem..

But I bought a mini bluetooth adapter off eBay. I also now have a wireless Mighty mouse. The mouse is detected, pairs and operates just fine on a real macbook, but one my AAO it just can't seem to pair. Bluetooth is on, and states that its searching for devices. If I try first time from booting the machine, it seems to find the mouse but is unable to pair with it. When I cancel and try again, it can't find the mouse again.

Anyone out there who can help?

Chef Borjan, Oct 26, 2009
  2. Chef Borjan

rory

Had a ton of problems which sounds like the same thing but with bluetooth keyboard on my desktop hack. Never solved them, and just got a wiredone and saved £20.
    Does it come up with the translucent box saying mouse connected, then it says disconnected?

rory, Oct 26, 2009
  3. Chef Borjan

jerrycrystal

I have the exact same problem. It seems the bluetooth dongle we are using is not "fully" supported, have you tried other bluetooth adapters?

jerrycrystal, Oct 26, 2009
  4. Chef Borjan

Chef Borjan

No not yet. Actually, thinking back now I remember for a small period of time (back when I was running 10.5.6) I got my hands on an aluminium Apple Wireless keyboard and some other type of bluetooth mouse. They both worked perfectly. BUT the bluetooth adapter looked different to the one I have now. Both seem like generic China ebay jobs, but the previous one had a much smaller profile. Sat close to flush in the port, this one sticks out a little bit more.

I'm going to hunt around and see if I can find it.

Anyone out there with a fully supported bluetooth adapter?

Wasn't there talk of putting a proper Airport N card in, that had bluetooth inbuilt? Can't remember if I made that up... that would most like be supported right?

Chef Borjan, Oct 26, 2009
  5. Chef Borjan

karmalized

So far, for me with Snow Leopard, I find that if I start my machine with the bluetooth dongle inserted but with my bluetooth devices off, if I wait until the OS is up and running then turn on the devices, they tend to work better.

Try that and let me know if it works better.

karmalized, Oct 26, 2009
  6. Chef Borjan

rory

yep theres definitely g cards with bluetooth built in, not certain about n, but there must be, saves space in the tiny macbooks after all.

rory, Oct 27, 2009
  7. Chef Borjan

Chef Borjan

Nope still no luck.

But as you say, from a fresh boot of the system, I seem to be more successful in at least finding the mouse.

I click on 'find new devices', and let it search for a second or two. Then I flip my mouse on, and instantly it pops up. It attempts to pair for about 30 seconds or so, then fails. I've tried changing the passcode options, but still no luck.

Chef Borjan, Oct 27, 2009
  8. Chef Borjan

Chef Borjan

Might give up on this one for now and just go wired for simplicity.

So if anyone is interested, I have a Mighty Mouse for sale!

But feel free to keep trying to figure it out! I'll want a Magic Mouse eventually.. :p

Chef Borjan, Oct 27, 2009
  9. Chef Borjan

gnubeard

Many of the cheap $1 on Ebay BT adapters are garbage. Most of them work OK in Windows, some don't even do that. I had all sorts of BT problems until I tried my friend's $50 Belkin. Instantly, every BT issue I had melted away.

I never could justify paying the $50 for one though; but it worked out in the end, because she ended up buying a new laptop with BT builtin, and guess who got the mini Belkin?

gnubeard, Nov 4, 2009
Ask a Question