update an acer aspire one AO751h

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Wilfredo, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Wilfredo

Wilfredo

i just got passed on an acer aspire one AO751h and i would like to upgrade this laptop so that it can funtion properly with windows 7 or 8.1. evrything on it is factory installed , basic features. any suggestions anybody?????

Wilfredo, Jun 11, 2014
  2. Wilfredo

Brian8gbSSDLinux

If only 1 Gb RAM... you'll need 2GB - else the NEW OS will run S_L_O_W_L_Y

The very first thing is to decide HOW to install to your Laptop... there is no mention in the spec for the 751h about a DVD/CD drive.

If you have an external DVD/CD drive then you can purchase a media disk of your choice for Windows.

If you have NO DVD/CD drive... then you need to BUY and download the ISO from Microsoft - Win 7 IS ON THE WAY OUT... so probably Win 8.1...

Also buy/ use a 4GB Minimum USB Pendrive and download a program called Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe which I think is also available from Microsoft
    this program is to 'burn' the ISO to the Pendrive - you CANNOT just copy it.

or use Novicorp WintoFlash.exe BUT do NOT just go OK, OK, OK... LOOK at the opening windows and UNTICK all the crap ware that they will try to install (as well)

That seems to cover everything... hope this is helpful...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jun 12, 2014
    something back likes this.
Ask a Question