Unwanted keyboard map switching

Discussion in 'Linux' started by coin, Jul 29, 2008.

1. coin

coin

My one is constantly switching between the US and UK keyboard maps (I didn't even know there was a difference, but the " and @ keys are switched and a few others). It seems like it switches when I open different programs, although I went into "input languages" and checked an option to use the same map between different programs. In case there is any confusion this one is still using Linpus (my other One is on Ubuntu, lol). Anyone else have this problem?

coin, Jul 29, 2008
  2. coin

daymz

daymz, Jul 29, 2008
  3. coin

coin

Thanks! The way I fixed it was thus:

Open terminal (alt-f2, then either check run in terminal and hit enter or run xterm)

Type: sudo mousepad /usr/bin/xkb_plugin_set_xorg.sh

Edit the last instance of "XkbLayout" from "nl, gb, us" (or whatever it is) just to "us"
    (I actually edited a few of them to just "us" and it didn't hurt anything)

Thanks for the links, very helpful.

coin, Jul 29, 2008
  4. coin

Cyclist

Thanks coin and daymz for posting this solution. I've only had my A1 for two days but the constant, random switching from EN to UK was driving me crazy, especially since shift-2 was never the @ sign when doing email addresses.

Cyclist, Aug 1, 2008
Ask a Question