Uninstall Firefox 3

Discussion in 'Linux' started by narticulate, Sep 17, 2008.

1. narticulate

narticulate

The pausing issue is killing me... my wifes aspire one still has 2 and it flies.

I used macles guide to install it. I understand its still on my computer but i can't find the executables? any tips on how i can reverse the firefox 3 install and get firefox 2 to be my default again?

narticulate, Sep 17, 2008
  2. narticulate

Jawn

I don't have an answer..a little off topic, but one reason I'm holding off on the AAO, and thinking of the Dell Mini 9, is that the AAO has Firefox 2. Apart from the stalling issue, do you feel that Firefox 3 is much better than Firefox 2 on the AAO?

Thanks, John

Jawn, Sep 17, 2008
  3. narticulate

trumpeldor

Firefox 3 slow issue

Macles websites describes the remedies

If you are not satisfied, you may install opera 9 which is very responsive

trumpeldor, Sep 17, 2008
  4. narticulate

ste

HOw can i uninstall FF3?

ste, Oct 10, 2008
  5. narticulate

rbil

If you installed it from a repo or a rpm, you should be able to go into Pirut and search for it. If it's there, highlight it and uninstall it.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 10, 2008
  6. narticulate

lambo

I'd also like to know how to uninstall FF3. I currently have FF3.1B installed but would like to go back to FF2, but simply selecting it in Pirut and uninstalling crashes the entire OS.

Any other way to uninstall FF3/FF3.1B?

lambo, Oct 22, 2008
  7. narticulate

mrs_miggins

I asked this very question on Macles' blogsite. Check his answer towards the end of the comments here: http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/09/firefox-302-released.html#comment-form This will restore the icon and default firefox 2

mrs_miggins, Oct 22, 2008
  8. narticulate

lambo

Thanks for that link! I had looked at comments for installing FF3 and FF3.1B but never looked through the comments for that minor update.

But will his instruction actually uninstall FF3 or will it just revert the shortcut back to the old FF2?

lambo, Oct 22, 2008
  9. narticulate

hiker_jon

Hi,
    When you installed FF3 you did not uninstall FF2. (At least Macles recommends against this. ) So FF2 is still there. Try clicking on the Google Maps Icon. On my system it brings up FF2. So you have a choice.
    Jon

hiker_jon, Oct 23, 2008
  10. narticulate

Cesium

I used macles to install ff3 and when i tried to launch it I got a window with a nasty error about not being able to find a "silver button". I went searching for ff2 but it wouldn't launch afterwards either. I figure it may have had something to do with the fact that I no longer have the acer custom desktop, in favour of the standard xfce desktop. Actually my system was basically crippled after this, so I went so far as to reinstall the os from scratch. I'm avoiding this issue altogether now by using opera as my web browser. It has a few issues but it's at least on par, if not better than ff2. There's really no need for it to be so difficult to upgrade a web browser.

Cesium, Oct 23, 2008
Ask a Question