Unetbootin lot loading iso to usb

Discussion in 'Linux' started by fonk373ams, Feb 20, 2009.

1. fonk373ams

fonk373ams

hi there,

I'd like to install another distro on the aa1 and would like to go for the Slitaz aicrack-ng recently released. One of the reason I want to do that is because I kinda messed up the linpus so much that it is running really slow now and constantly crashes (thunar, firefox, lmms, etc; lots of stuffs are freezing, like a few times a day), so I'd like to start with something fresh again, now I've learnt a bit more as to how to handle linux.
    So, I got the iso (http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=slitaz&DokuWiki=d0b90dc7cade4419553972616d01dbd1), I got Unetbootin as advised and formatted a 2Gb usb stick in FAT32 with Vista using pc (could not manage to format it with fdisk and stuffs.. ;p).
    I made Unetbootin executable, lauched it as root, and tried to load the 43MB .iso onto the usb.. and here I have a problem I cant manage to solve. The only files that copy to the usb are the following:

- vesamenu.c32
    - ubnpathl.txt (empty !! I assume that would need to link to the iso)
    - ubnfilel.txt (empty as well !! same assumption)
    - syslinux.cfg (not empty, here's what it says:

default vesamenu.c32
    prompt 0
    menu title UNetbootin
    timeout 100

label unetbootindefault
    menu label Default
    kernel /ubnkern
    append initrd=/ubninit )

then, I rebooted the beast, F12 to choose the usb and got into the unetbootin menu, which was only offering to load "default", no way to exit appart from hiting esc, which brought me to a black screen with only "boot:" ....

Phew! sorry for the long explaination. I've been trying to read as much documentation as I could on how to but no result so far.
    Could someone pls help or put me back on the right tracks?
    many thx in advance

fonk373ams, Feb 20, 2009
Ask a Question