UNDELETE for Shift-Deleted Photos?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by MobileMan, Sep 25, 2009.

1. MobileMan

MobileMan

HELP. I spazed out and accidentally shift-deleted 280 6megpixel pics in the file manager just before I was going to transfer them to jump drive to put on big external (WD Passport + can't write to it from AAO for some reason). Is there a Linpus or Debian UNDELETE program that I can recover these pics with? I haven't done anything, but put the machine to sleep. Many are of beautiful girls here in Kiev and their loss is tragic.

AAO Linpus ZG5 w 8gb SD card, 8gb internal flash, 512meg Ram,

MobileMan, Sep 25, 2009
  2. MobileMan

bodhi.zazen

bodhi.zazen, Sep 28, 2009
  3. MobileMan

MobileMan

Thanks so much- you are a prince. This looks really good- though I don't remember how to make my cheapest AAO ZG5 boot up from USB, if one can. Which version is best for this- the src.rpm or tar.bz2? Can they be decompressed in Windows, and must one do anything to make the USB drive bootable? I haven't done anything with the computer at all, so if I have it on a clean 2 gig jump drive, guess I can save the pics on that. What would that USB drive be called with an Aspire one ZG5 extended memory left side 8gig SD flash card, or how do I mount it (though if it boots from it it must be mounted?). What would the add-on flash card memory be called, since I could save the pics there too? Looks like it doesn't have any choice for Linux partition tables:

Please select the partition table type, press Enter when done.

[Intel ] Intel/PC partition

[Mac ] Apple partition map

[None ] Non partitioned media

[Sun ] Sun Solaris partition

[XBox ] XBox partition

[Return ] Return to disk selection

Note: Do NOT select 'None' for media with only a single partition.

It's veryrare for a drive to be 'Non-partitioned'.

I'm not a Linux jock, but am old-time computer guy, so if you can give me step by step instructions to load this thing on a stick, I'd be very greatfull.

MobileMan, Oct 1, 2009
  4. MobileMan

MobileMan

Well, we tried to fix it- but my friend had Ubuntu with Photorec on a 1.5 gig jump dirve (biggest permitted. It got up to 2500jpeg files and 10 mpeg before the screen went dark and i had to force am off. After had only 128 meg (67 pics) of recovered pics. Thre was NO OPTION to save the TYPE of file- only jpegs in my case, tht would have saved massive space.

MobileMan, Oct 4, 2009
  5. MobileMan

MobileMan

How do you install only this photorec on a jump drive and does it then give you the option of specifying file type??????

MobileMan, Oct 4, 2009
Ask a Question