Unable to use Card Readers - Advice?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by megamac, Oct 11, 2008.

1. megamac

megamac

Hi all,

Great to see a forum on OSX on the Aspire One. I am amazed with this little machine, so much so that my Macbook Air is gathering dust....

Anyhow, I have managed to install OSX with Kalyway's 10.5.2 disk. Upgraded with no problems to 10.5.5 after using the Vanilla kernel. Fixed the sound and screen resolution and even have my 3G USB modem working like a charm for when I am on the road.

One thing that is giving me a headache though and I have not managed to get working are the card readers. It seems they are showing up as Express cards in the menu, but for the life of me I cannot get them to mount (they have no problem mounting on my other Macs).

Has anyone else managed to get them working? If so can you point to a tutorial on how to do this?

Many thanks
    MM

BTW I am waiting for a Dell card to arrive and which I will swap out to get it to work directly with the Airport software. In the meantime I can connect from my 3G dongle or Ethernet cable.

megamac, Oct 11, 2008
  2. megamac

denshaotoko808

From what I can gather, the card reader is not USB but rather internally PCI. There are no drivers written for it hence it doesn't work.

I think once someone figures out how to write a driver for it, they could get it partially working. I wish I knew how to do it!

denshaotoko808, Oct 11, 2008
Ask a Question