Unable to Recover AOD150-1165

Discussion in 'Windows' started by scrappysphinx, Nov 13, 2009.

1. scrappysphinx

scrappysphinx

Hi all, i have a 10.1" AOD150-1165.

I burned the XP recovery media and proceeded to install my retail Windows 7, erasing the d2d recovery partiton in the process.

Although Win7 ran respectfully on this machine i plan on usng it on a more powerful dual core toshiba machine.

So i popped Recovery disc 1 in and rebooted.

It booted the disc and it loads up to e-recovery management and asks language.

After selecting english i'm presented with three options, full recovery (deletes all data and recovers to factory settings), partial recovery (recovers but saves personal data) and exit however i am only able to select exit which restarts machine and boots win7.

I thought it might be because win7 creates different partitions so i used Diskpart (from a retail XP CD) to delete all partitions so the drive had none at all.

Still the only option i could select was exit.

I tried setting up a single 150Gb partition and formatted it in NTFS but again i can only select the exit option.
    Its as if my Recovery discs cannot detect the HDD.

I tried changing the Sata option to IDE in the bios but again i can only select Exit.

If i boot off my retail WinXP Disc the HDD is detected and i can install using the License Key on the bottom of my AOD150 so i know the HDD is working. I know that i could just leave it like that but i would like to use my recovery discs for what they were designed for.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

scrappysphinx, Nov 13, 2009
Ask a Question