Unable to detect SD card?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by isdereks, Jul 24, 2008.

1. isdereks

isdereks

Help documentation is a little on the light side for these little computers so I'm looking for help with this first post. I just booted my new Aspire One and one of the touted features is the right side card reader. I understand that the left side card reader is for expanding the internal HDD space (haven't tried it yet though).

When I insert my SD card into the right side card reader, I can't find the media anywhere on the machine. I've checked "My Files" and the photo editing software "Removable" media item. Neither display the SD card nor relevant contents. I've also tried booting with the SD card in the slot (thinking that there was something wonky with Linux - beginner user).

Any help would be appreciated. The card in question is a Lexar Professional 2GB 133x Speed.

isdereks, Jul 24, 2008
  2. isdereks

Sid

What is on the SD card?

Can you try something simple first?
    Put the SD card in a camera and format it, then take a few pictures,
    Now try putting the card into the right hand SD slot.
    The file manager should wake up - you should be able to browse the card. Before you remonve the card, right click on it (in the file manager) and unmount it. You should be informed that you can safely remove the SD card.

Let us know how you get on.

Sid, Jul 25, 2008
  3. isdereks

isdereks

The SD card is straight from a Canon camera. It has the standard folder heirarchy assigned to it by the camera after a format. Files on board are *.jpg.

isdereks, Jul 25, 2008
  4. isdereks

Krinor

Bump.
    I've got the same problem. I'm using a SanDisk ultra II 2gb card with a large wav file.

Krinor, Jul 28, 2008
  5. isdereks

boatnuts

I am having the same problem, only this time it is with a memorystick from my sony camera. Oddly enough the slot works fine with a SD card from another camera...

Anyone having trouble with reading memorysticks?

boatnuts, Jul 29, 2008
  6. isdereks

selwyn_ali

hi

i laso have the same problem, i have got a 4gb SDHC sundisk, some time it detact my card but some time it did not, even in my storage expansion

any one has the same experiance?
    thanks

selwyn_ali, Jul 30, 2008
Ask a Question